While the book deals with a topic of interest to many students of probability, it may still end up having a small distribution. It is heavily mathematical, dealing with a specialized topic, and while there are many examples, there are no exercises. That would limit the use of the book as a textbook. Still, it is valuable to have this material gathered in one place.
- The Sleeved Life: A Patient-to-Patient Guide on Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Weight Loss Surgery.
- Summary Narrative of an Exploratory Expedition to the Sources of the Mississippi River, in 1820.
- Laws Of Small Numbers!
- Michael Falk, Jürg Hüsler, Rolf-Dieter Reiss, Laws of Small Numbers: Extremes and Rare Events;
- Fler böcker av författarna;
Gudmund R. Iversen received his PhD in statistics from Harvard University and taught statistics for many years at The University of Michigan and Swarthmore College until his retirement. Functional Laws of Small Numbers.
- Words on the Way.
- Gemeinsame Agrarpolitik der EU (GAP) (German Edition).
- The Time Machine.
- About this book!
- Fotos Celestiales (Spanish Edition).
Skip to main content. Search form Search. Login Join Give Shops.
Halmos - Lester R. Recht Steuern Wirtschaft. Startseite Mathematik Stochastik. Erschienen: Auf die Merkliste Drucken Weiterempfehlung. Produktbeschreibung Since the publication of the first edition of this seminar book in , the theory and applications of extremes and rare events have enjoyed an enormous and still increasing interest.
The intention of the book is to give a mathematically oriented development of the theory of rare events underlying various applications. This characteristic of the book was strengthened in the second edition by incorporating various new results.
- Michael Falk, Jürg Hüsler, Rolf-Dieter Reiss, Laws of Small Numbers: Extremes and Rare Events.
- Table of Contents.
- A Love Affair For Life!
- Laws of Small Numbers: Extremes and Rare Events;
- Laws of Small Numbers - Extremes and Rare Events (Paperback).
In this third edition, the dramatic change of focus of extreme value theory has been taken into account: from concentrating on maxima of observations it has shifted to large observations, defined as exceedances over high thresholds. One emphasis of the present third edition lies on multivariate generalized Pareto distributions, their representations, properties such as their peaks-over-threshold stability, simulation, testing and estimation.
Reviews of the 2nd edition: "In brief, it is clear that this will surely be a valuable resource for anyone involved in, or seeking to master, the more mathematical features of this field.