This compendium is both a print reference and an online reference work.
New Perspectives in Global Public Archaeology (One World Archaeology (Paperback))
Most particularly, the continuous updating allowed by an online environment should ensure that the Encyclopedia of Global Archaeology is a definitive reference work for archaeology and archaeologists. Smith's main field of research is Indigenous archaeology. While she has conducted fieldwork with Indigenous groups in Asia and North America, her primary research interest lies with the archaeology of art and of modern material practices, explored through fieldwork with Aboriginal people from the Barunga region of the Northern Territory, Australia.
She conducts research into the reshaping and relocation of Indigenous knowledge, explored in collaboration with Ngadjuri people from South Australia. Dr Smith has broad international experience. As the twice-elected President of the World Archaeological Congress — and — , Dr Smith has been in a position to develop a close understanding of the strengths and limitations of archaeological theory and practice in different parts of the world.
She found that cutting-edge archaeological theory is being progressed by Spanish and Portuguese-speaking scholars in South America; that world-leading conservation techniques are developed in Japan and Italy; and that Russian and Arabic scholars have deep knowledge of their own cultural heritage, but their work is rarely published in English.
- Works (572).
- Health Insurance Plans and Prices for Wyoming Women (Wyoming Health Care Book 1);
- Kathryn, The Kitten: The Real Duchesses of London.
- Lanarchie par la littérature (French Edition);
- Service Excellence @ Novell: Taking Customer Service from Cost to Profit.
- Texas Knight - Munich Calling (German Edition).
- English Grammar & Punctuation?
Buy Print. FAQ Policy.
Edited by Dan Hicks and Mary C. Beaudry
About this book Archaeology — the study of human cultures through the analysis and interpretation of artefacts and material remains — continues to captivate and engage people on a local and global level. Show all. Read this book on SpringerLink. Recommended for you.
These case studies are examined from a wide variety of theoretical contexts, to provide a thorough and comprehensive guide to the state of public archaeology today, as well as implications for its future. As the theory and practice of public archaeology continues to change and grow, archaeology's relationship with the broader community needs to be critically and openly examined.
The contributions in this wide-ranging work are a key source of information for anyone practicing or studying archaeology in a public context.
- Ojai Valley Vegetarian Cookbook: recipes for lacto-ovo vegetarian cooking (Ojai Valley Cookbooks Book 1).
- Kings & Queens of Prosperity.
- Encyclopedia of Global Archaeology!
- Ethical Responsibilities of Archaeologists – Archaeological Ethics Database;
- A Love Like Annies/The Heart of Avy Grace!
- KEEPING YOUR TWEEN SAFE ON THE INTERNET: Discover The Exact Steps You Need To Take To Keep Your Tween Safe From the Potential Dangers Of The Internet (The Parenting Tweens Series Book 1)?
Convert currency. Add to Basket.
K. Anne Pyburn | Indiana University - inikaxasaq.tk
Compare all 10 new copies. Condition: New. Language: English. Brand new Book. Seller Inventory LIE More information about this seller Contact this seller.
New Perspectives in Global Public Archaeology
Book Description Springer, New Book. Delivered from our UK warehouse in 4 to 14 business days. Established seller since Seller Inventory LQ Seller Inventory AAV Shipped from UK within 10 to 14 business days. Book Description Springer Verlag, Condition: Brand New. In Stock. Seller Inventory x Never used! This item is printed on demand.
Seller Inventory Book Description Springer. Seller Inventory ING